BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

who is more deserving in the 1973...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

who is more deserving in the 1973...

Post by edwoct1026 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 am

i know that this topic was been posted before in other forum but i wanted to know your reaction about in the 1973 scenario... isnt in 1973 MISS UNIVERSE the winner is MISS PHILIPPINES while the FIRST RUNNER UP is from USA, and in 1973 MISS WORLD the winner is from USA and the FIRST RUNNER UP is from PHILIPPINES. now who do you think is more deserving for their placements, do you think if Evangeline Pascual and Margie Moran exchange their title who among them will placed higher...

and is this the first time in the history of the beauty pageant that the last two standing girls were the same as in the other pageant... Very Happy
edwoct1026

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: who is more deserving in the 1973...

Post by sayonako on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 am

hmm... i really don't know what will happen is Evangeline is our rep in MU and Margie in MW...

but in my opinion, Evangeline should have been MW that year. Smile

They're both deserving of the crown... Smile
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 am

Technically, such exchange was impossible-- Margie earned the right to represent the Philippines via Binibining Pilipinas, while Vangie was chosen for MW in the equally prestigious pageant Miss Republic of the Philippines [or simply Miss RP]...and even if an exchange is possible, I'd rather have each lady participating in the pageant she was chosen for. With her queenly bearing, Margie was destined to become Miss Universe...statuesque and regal Vangie is the winner of the MW in the truest sense-- this was validated by the "abdication" of the chosen winner...

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Destiny had it that Miss Moran went to MU, and Miss Pascual for MW, and this happened for a reason;... however, I am more of a fan of the beauty of Evangeline Pascual, than of Margie Moran;... the first had more elegance, and was (at the time) even more facially stunning than the second,, but Margie Moran did look like a porcelain doll and both of them were so softly spoken and had very sweet, demure and classy auras. What a year for the Philippines... Very Happy
PRINCE CALIXTO
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by edwoct1026 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:52 pm

thank for all your replies... the other question is, is that the first time that in the two major pageants have had the same last two girls standing...
edwoct1026

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:17 pm

I guess both Filipina beauty queens were sent on the pageants they perfectly suited for. Margie Moran was destined to become Miss Universe because the moment she stepped out of her plane in Athens, Greece, she was already predicted to win. She made headlines with her regal beauty, her poise and her queenly aura.

If Evangeline would have sent to Miss Universe, though I think she would have ended as a finalist, I don't think she would finished in top 2.

As to your second question, I guess that was the only time in pageantry where two the same countries occupied the last two spots of both Misses Universe and World in the same year.

1973 was really the year of the Philippines. In Miss International I guess our girl was second runner-up.

We also discussed this in Great Gatzby's thread that in that year, all Filipinas who represented Philippines in all international pageants either won or ended up runners up.

Back to top Go down

Post by edwoct1026 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Calderon wrote:I guess both Filipina beauty queens were sent on the pageants they perfectly suited for. Margie Moran was destined to become Miss Universe because the moment she stepped out of her plane in Athens, Greece, she was already predicted to win. She made headlines with her regal beauty, her poise and her queenly aura.

If Evangeline would have sent to Miss Universe, though I think she would have ended as a finalist, I don't think she would finished in top 2.

As to your second question, I guess that was the only time in pageantry where two the same countries occupied the last two spots of both Misses Universe and World in the same year.

1973 was really the year of the Philippines. In Miss International I guess our girl was second runner-up.

We also discussed this in Great Gatzby's thread that in that year, all Filipinas who represented Philippines in all international pageants either won or ended up runners up.

thanks for the good reply... also to the other info...
edwoct1026

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 pm

i think the results give contentment a lot,,,,,,,,
Miss UNiverse and First-Runner up are the highest and higher places,,,,,what else should i look for.....

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 am

shunrey2009 wrote:i think the results give contentment a lot,,,,,,,,
Miss UNiverse and First-Runner up are the highest and higher places,,,,,what else should i look for.....

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but Venezuela won both MU and MW the same year, TWICE!! 1981 and 1995-1996, from girls that placed first and 2nd in the Miss Venezuela pageant, on 1981 (Irene Saez and Pilin Leon, MU and MW) and Alicia Machado and Jacqueline Aguilera...who won, on 1995- and who went on to win, their respective pageants on 1995 and 1996 (MU and MW, respectively)

Last edited by PRINCE CALIXTO on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
PRINCE CALIXTO

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 am

Destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum