BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

OPEN LETTER TO BPCI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN LETTER TO BPCI

Post by FRITZGERALD on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 am

genres5 wrote:My fellow Venus fans and supporters:

After listening to Venus's very sincere interview on the Buzz, I have taken the liberty of posting the draft of our OPEN LETTER TO BPCI. I believe we have to finalize this fast before Venus's press conference tomorrow, circulate the letter, and gather as many signatures as we can so that we can immediately let our voices--ordinary fans that we are--heard in the "sacrosanct halls of BPCI" and in public.

Again the letter is just a draft. Please don't crucify me for the errors, hehe. I trust that those who have talent for writing this genre would help us fine tune the details of the letter so that it becomes polished when submitted to BPCI.

Sobriety was what guided me in writing the draft. I hope the letter reads that way. I also personally hope we maintain that kind of tone in the letter.

Thanks and more power to our beloved Maria VR!

Kind regards,
Gene aka genres5

[size=150]
OPEN LETTER TO THE BINIBINING PILIPINAS CHARITIES INCORPORATED SEEKING TO REINSTATE VENUS RAJ AS THE PHILIPPINE REPRESENTATIVE TO THE MISS UNIVERSE 2010
WE, the undersigned, would like to appeal to your good office to re-instate MARIA VENUS BAYONITO RAJ as the representative of the Philippines to the Miss Universe 2010.

We believe that Ms. Raj has been unjustly dethroned as the rightful representative of the Philippines to the Miss Universe beauty contest this year. It is morally damaging for Ms. Raj that she had to be deprived of a crown she deserves due to circumstances that are not of her own doing.

We believe that Ms. Raj did not have malicious intent when she submitted her application as a contestant for the Binibining Pilipinas screening early this year. It was never her intention to deceive the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc., (BPCI) because her application was based on documents—including the birth certificate purportedly containing false information—that were legal at the time she underwent the screening process.

We believe that Ms. Raj has nothing to do with the purported false information in her birth certificate. Based on credible news reports and a televised interview of Ms. Raj, the certificate of her birth was made three years after she was born, making it impossible for the young child to have a hand in supplying the purported false information. We believe that Ms. Raj should have been given the option to correct through legal means the purported false information in her birth record before the BPCI made the decision on her dethronement.

We believe that due process should have been given Ms. Raj after the BPCI discovered the "inconsistencies" between the information found in her birth record and personal accounts of her birth. Ms. Raj should have been given the necessary counsel to defend herself from insinuations that she was responsible for the said anomaly.

We believe that Ms. Raj should not be dethroned on the ground that she was born out of wedlock. Every child, legitimate or illegitimate, deserves to exercise her right to pursue her own happiness and aspire for her dreams. By dethroning Ms. Raj, the BPCI seems to be sending the wrong signal that this is not the case; that one should forget about her dreams if she is born illegitimate; and that only those born of privilege can aspire to become Miss Universe, Miss World or Miss International.

We also believe that Ms. Raj is still the best Filipina representative that we can possibly send to this year’s Miss Universe Beauty Pageant. This is proven by the rave reviews of her pageant performance from esteemed pageant experts and enthusiasts the world over after she was crowned Binibining Pilipinas Universe on March 6, 2010 at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City. Needless to say, her special awards—Best in National Terno, Best in Evening Gown, and Miss Friendship awards—also speak of her capacity to perform and represent the country exceptionally well in the international beauty contest.

We believe that the BPCI through the leadership of Madame Stella Marquez de Araneta has the legal and moral capacity to re-consider its decision to strip Ms. Raj of the Binibining Pilipinas-Universe title. We hope that this prestigious institution known for sending the most beautiful Filipinas to the international contest is willing to listen to our plea and come up with a re-considered decision that is fair, just, and humane to all the parties concerned.

Name (in Full) Signature Contact address/ email address
________________________ ____________________ ___________________________
[/size]
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Re: OPEN LETTER TO BPCI

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 am

good post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am

I got a signal....

where can we sign? and how to submit our signatures?

I've seen the interview also and Venus was very honest. BPCI knew all these inconsistencies even before the pageant took place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:12 am

Here is a sample letter also from http://www.facebook.com/notes/petition-for-venus-raj-to-remain-as-bbpilipinas-universe-2010/sample-letter-to-muo-president-paula-shugart/105924479447142

Ms Paula Shugart
President
Miss Universe Organization

Dear Ms. Shugart,

Mabuhay and Happy Easter!

Quite recently, the Miss Universe franchise holder in the Philippines, the Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc (BPCI), dethroned its deserving winner, Maria Venus Raj, on the basis that there are inconsistencies in her birth certificate and her personal account of her birth.

There is a public outrage over this dethronement here in the Philippines, and the clamor to reinstate the title to Maria Venus Raj is strong and snowballing. Many people believe that Maria Venus deserves to represent her countrymen to your organization’s prestigious beauty pageant.

The reason behind the dethronement stems from a falsified birth certificate saying that Maria Venus was born in the Philippines to a married couple, inconsistent with the information furnished by Maria Venus and her mother that she was indeed born in Doha, Qatar to an Indian national and her Filipina mother, out of wedlock.

Reports have revealed that the birth certificate was falsified three years after Maria Venus’ birth to hide her illegitimacy and perhaps to lead a normal life away from the mockery of her very rural and strictly Catholic environment (she lives in a nipa hut in the middle of the rice fields).

There was no bad faith coming from Maria Venus as she had always been honest about being born in Doha, Qatar. This fact she wrote down on her application form with BPCI. Because all candidates were asked to submit proofs of their being a Filipino national, she submitted what legal document she possessed in her hands.

BPCI had enough time to look into all the documents of all potential candidates during the screening period running for a few months, and thus, BPCI proclaimed 24 girls out of the hundreds as its official candidates after having met all the requirements.

We feel that there is injustice here for Maria Venus. Although the best way to make this clamor is to direct such petition for reinstatement to BPCI, we all know that the Colombian-run charity organization always do not heed any Filipino’s plea as in the many cases of dethronement and disqualifications they did in the past.

I am writing to your good office in hopes of being heard, and of letting your organization know how much Filipinos revere and respect your pageant, and of how much the Filipinos take pageants seriously.

This case, however, becomes more special, because Maria Venus comes from a marginalized sector of society (rural poor, illegitimate, bi-racial) who fought against the odds of her life by sending herself to school and graduating cum laude, and holding on to her dream of becoming a beauty queen who can help others like her have hope in life. By letting her continue on and represent the Philippines in the most prestigious pageant in the universe will give a positive signal to all underprivileged people that yes, Miss Universe, paves the way for those hopeless and downtrodden to have a chance in life.

I, like the thousands of heartbroken Filipinos, hope that my prayer won’t fall on deaf ears. Like the Miss Australia in the past where the intervention and blessing of Mr. Donald Trump allowed her to retain her title and compete eventually in your pageant, may Maria Venus Raj get your organization’s time to look into the matter.

God bless and more power to the Miss Universe Organization!

Very Respectfully Yours,

Xxxx Xxxxx
Filipino National

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:16 am

PLEASE SEND THE FORM @ onlinepetition4venusraj@gmail.com

PLEASE GUYS, PAKIKALAT NA LANG ITONG NEWS NA ITO SA FRIENDS NIYO

THANKS
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks Fritz. Tell genre5 also to make a open letter addressed tp Paula Shugart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 am

Marvelous...the letter says it all!

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 am

ONLINE PETITION.

http://www.petitiononline.com/genres5/petition.html

DYAN NA KAYO MAGSIGN UP GUYS.

THANKS
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 pm

PAKIUSAP LANG GUYS. REFRAIN FROM SAYING BAD WORDS BAKA KAMI MAKAAPEKTO PA ITO KAY VENUS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eblazer on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Fritz,

I guess BPCI aleady heard a lot of complains about Venus fate. I hope that with your letter, BPCI will be enlightened about the decision they made and will decide again to put Venus back to where she should be - as Philippines' rep to Miss Universe 2010.

Goodluck Fritz and I hope you'll continue what your heart desires for this situation!
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 pm

kahit anong mangyari, mabalik man or nde, in this way naipakita natin sa kanya na marami talagang sumusuporta sa kanya. yun ang mahalaga kaysa sa wala tayong gagawin then in the end magsisisi tayo dahil di man lang tayo nakatulong sa kanya.
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Venus was featured in 24 Oras' Chika Minute over GMA7 a few minutes ago...my heart grieves for her...and for her mom [saw a glimpse of her in that segment] as well...why must they suffer this way?
Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm

anong status ni venus... hay... bakit kasi ang BPCI grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

AS OF THIS WRITING THERE ARE 718 SIGNATURES AND STILL COUNTING!
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by bangilath on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

ignorance of the law excuses no one. she should have been honest about her situation when she was accepted to join. that could have saved her from embarrassment and ridicule.

bangilath

Back to top Go down

Post by bangilath on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Calderon wrote:I got a signal....

where can we sign? and how to submit our signatures?

I've seen the interview also and Venus was very honest. BPCI knew all these inconsistencies even before the pageant took place.

i do not dissent your idea of addressing your petition to the bpci's attention but some rules and protocols of the organization must also be observed and followed. she knew that she was born in qatar and yet submitted a falsified birth certificate which infact had violated the rule that eventually lead to her dethronement. she would have been considered and comprehended despite the inconsistency had she been honest about it and if she had submitted an affidavit in support to her expedited birth certificate, "as in dealt with internally".

bangilath

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm

kainis. daming nagrereact di naman nila alam ang tunay na pangyayari... cheeee
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:29 am

good post