BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

BB.PILIPINAS WORLD 08: Do you have the courage to LAUGH at y

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BB.PILIPINAS WORLD 08: Do you have the courage to LAUGH at yourself?

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 am

JANINA SAN MIGUEL is a Filipino beauty queen who was crowned Binibining Pilipinas World at the Binibining Pilipinas 2008 beauty pageant. She gained notoriety for her performance in the pageant's question and answer portion, where she lost her composure and gave an unfocused and rambling response with a thick accent. A video of the incident has garnered millions of views on websites such as YouTube. "What role did your family play for you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?" Janina answered..

"Well, my family's role for me is so important, because there was the wa-- they're, they was the one who's... very... haha... Oh I'm so sorry. Umm, my pamily... my family... Oh my god. I'm... Ok. I'm so sorry. I... I told you that I'm so confident. Eto, umm, wait... Hahahaha! Umm, sorry guys because this was really my pirst pageant ever, because I'm only 17 years old and... haha... I, I did not expect that I came from-- I came from one of the tof [sic] 10. Hmmm. So... But I said dot my pamily es the most important persons [sic] in my life. Thank you."

VERY FUNNY! But what does this teach us?
If you can laugh at yourself, odds are you experience less tension, less worry, and better health. You have the priceless ability to put things in their proper perspective.Sure, there are times that demand seriousness, but much of the posturing we do in life is pretty pretentious, and we need to recognize that.
The advantage of learning to laugh at yourself is that you don't hurt anyone in the process, and you may just brighten someone's day through some self-deprecating humor.

There are times that we are too tensed to try new things, make a bad impression, meet new people or take risks. Janina with her candid personality is indeed an inspiration!

Too bad Janina resigned her title on September 2008, citing personal reasons including the death of her grandfather.

What if we sent Janina in Miss World?

The video above still never fails to make me laugh til now. Thank you Janina for reminding us that life shouldn't be taken too seriously. To quote Carl Reiner "Inviting people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself is a good thing to do. You may be the fool, but you're the fool in charge!"

Credits:
Wikipedia
sumirehana013/Youtube
My Anecdotal Life

Back to top Go down

Re: BB.PILIPINAS WORLD 08: Do you have the courage to LAUGH at y

Post by bonner on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 pm

she entertained me that night Laughing
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:15 pm

i actually had fun watching that night but looking back, i love her confidence that time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:05 pm

when i watched BBP 08, i didnt expect this kind of scenario cuz she was one of my favorites before,,nice body, nice face but, Q & A portion came to change my mind about her being any of the title holders....actually,i pity her that time,,,i just smiled and said no more crown for this girl,,but fortunately, she won one of the titles idk why,,,

still, Janina take this as lesson to improve her weakness......
anytime she can join BBP again prepared and more determined...its just that,she jooined to early at her age...hayzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:07 pm

shunrey2009 wrote:when i watched BBP 08, i didnt expect this kind of scenario cuz she was one of my favorites before,,nice body, nice face but, Q & A portion came to change my mind about her being any of the title holders....actually,i pity her that time,,,i just smiled and said no more crown for this girl,,but fortunately, she won one of the titles idk why,,,

anytime she can join BBP again prepared and more determined...its just that,she jooined to early at her age...hayzzzz
[size=18]she was were the most mosest memorable bb. pilipinas candidates four everyone?everybody?everything?charing[/size]!

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:11 pm

i sometimes laugh at my own mistake... most especially when I'm stressed out...
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:21 pm

shunrey2009 wrote:when i watched BBP 08, i didnt expect this kind of scenario cuz she was one of my favorites before,,nice body, nice face but, Q & A portion came to change my mind about her being any of the title holders....actually,i pity her that time,,,i just smiled and said no more crown for this girl,,but fortunately, she won one of the titles idk why,,,

agree, way too early, she could have trained herself more before joining, but i think with that experience she already knew her weakness... and i believe when she joins again in a beauty contest she will be back with a bang...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Janina is Beautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

The handlers were partly to be blamed...beautiful, yes, but she wasn't ripe for the picking then...
tackling Q&A with ease and confidence must form part of the handler's training for the girls...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 pm

LOVE HER! SHES BEAUTIFUL AND FIERCE ON STAGE!
MU OR MI ! lets party!

Back to top Go down

Post by Julyski on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:17 pm

absolutely beautiful
Julyski
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Dagupan City, Pangasinan

Back to top Go down

Post by highstreet on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 am

A COMEDIAN BEAUTY QUEEN..
peacefully

highstreet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 am

i find her very cool!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MISS COSMOPOLITAN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:17 pm

she is perfect for Miss International - i see anagaby's beauty on her...
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
Pageant Fan
Pageant Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes of course.....It's a good sign that your accepting your mistake positively by laughing on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:51 am

Thread moved to Philippines Forum.

Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 am

I can humorously laugh at myself but I can't laugh at other's unfortunate situation like the girl on the vidéo!! angry angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 am

well stefania s english is bad too!! a a lot more miss u!! and miss w!.
mas mahiya kuing di marunong mag tagalog!

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 am

naku love ko talaga yan dat time.... sobra ang pagtatanggol ko dyan. hayz, anyway, sana talaga sa miss international siya pinadala
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

My initial reaction borders to all things negative from dismay to annoyance to exasperation. Where did this girl study? I asked my self. I even called up one faculty member from her university to check, among others, her standing in English 101. BUT later, it dawned on me that I shouldn't have given much fuss on the matter.

I guess my reaction is typical of one from the academe...frustration with educational system seeps in...and then poverty...

The root of many sad turns is lack of initiative. Why do some homegrown lasses speak excellent English? This is always possible-- for English is the medium of instruction from pre-school to college...and so therefore, with all those years using the language, I see no reason why some pageant girls can't express themselves in the language? These girls know for one that they're bound to go thru Q&A in English... preparation to this end is necessary...AND the initiative to speak better English must come from them if they want to ace up their sleeves...tackling the final question often determines the girls' chances for the crown...that the ability to answer the question in the language of the pageant well is a much-needed weapon.

Even with the current system/scheme of using English as medium for Q&A, I see no reason why an answer not be given in the vernacular...few girls in the past had done the same...Janina should have resorted to answering the final question in Filipino...then this brouhaha would have been prevented...and her win, widely accepted...

Honestly, I'd love to hear a Filipina giving her answer thru an interpreter in an international pageant... how quaint!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:51 am

Love your post GG!
Bow..

Why are Filipina delegates too engrossed with answering in English? It's definitely an edge but not really necessary in pageants. There should be some sort of deliberation whether or not a candidate is capable of answering English properly.

Licaros, Alagao, Andam, no problemo but it shouldn't be a source of shame to those who aren't as eloquent as them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am

Saw this Janina Q&A spoof @ Palawan 2. This drove me nuts! The "haahahahahahha" is just sooooo natural.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 pm

I still believe that she deserve the Crown.....Too bad, she was not allowed to prove her worth. Bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top